- Becoming aware of future or hidden affairs (khasf e kuni) or performance of supernatural phenomenon (karamat) is not necessary for tasawwuf.
- Salvation is not guananteed in hereafter by itself for any one who claims to be in tasawwuf (one has to strife and follow shariah for it).
- Success in wordly affairs or increase in one's income or cure from some illness or fortelling of future events is not promised.
- Neither does it entail that by sheikh's spiritual powers (tasarrufat) mureed's condition will improve itself, without his detemination to strife for good works and abstain from sins. [common error].
- Nor does it assure that his intelligence & memory may increase for hifz of Quran or religious knowledge.
- Nor is there a time limit that such a spiritual state is reached that one finds pleasure in worship, does not get distrubbing thoughts, cries a lot (either from love or fear of Allah swt), or reaches a state where he in unaware of everything else except Allah swt. [This is the most common error].
- It is not necessary that one sees lights (anwar) etc. or hears voices during dhikr or shugal (special rememberace techniques)
- Nor seeing good and spiritual dreams is necessary.
The real objective of Tasawwuf
is to attain
Allah swt's pleasure.